Return of the bookbug. Version 100.

The problem with writing for me is that I am never satisfied with what I write. So what I end up doing is not writing at all. Example in case: this blog! I started it three years back just to keep a tab of all the fabulous books I get to read and then forget their names when people ask me for book suggestions. But of course me being me, I stopped writing after 5 books...even though I read some crazy amount in the last three years. Finished my thesis too. and almost forgot this existed. Till I started reading a new book a few days back, after meeting the author who is one of the most amazing individuals I have met in the recent times. As I started reading it in the flight back to Leiden from Kolkata (which to get people fast forwarded into my life is my new address for the next one year and is generally a typical Dutch town where people are very nice as well as weirdly suicidal during winters)  I had this insane desire to shout out from top of buildings letting people know what an amazing book this is (I know I am building up the suspense for this but I cant let it out now as why then will you even bother to come back for my next post?), when I remembered about this tiny blog of mine. So, because Leiden will remain cold dreary and Estella-like beautiful for the next few months and the fact that it is easier to procrastinate about the actual writing I should do by writing this blog, I am putting myself to the task of starting to write about books again. Yes I admit that my chances of quitting this are very much there but at least for the next few months when I am stuck in this beautiful but boring version of Amsterdam, I might as well write about all the amazing books I get to read by virtue of the super cool job at Oxford Bookstore Kolkata (look how good I am at product placement now?) and my insatiable desire to read to avoid the general problems that life bounces off at me!

So, here's to another start again. See you soon with the mysterious book that I have hyped up enough for you!

keeping it bookish

Comments